You are here
- Home >
- Call For Workshops
Call For Workshops
Call for Workshop Proposals
Proposal Submission: April 13, 2017
Notification: April 17, 2017
IEEE MASS is the meeting point for leading researchers in the thriving area of wireless ad hoc communications, sensor, and actuator networks. Topics of IEEE MASS cover a large range of scientific areas, spanning topics from computer science, physics, embedded systems, electrical engineering, control theory, as well as application areas such as disaster-recovery/rescue operations, hospitals, and battlefields.
Continuing this tradition, the 14th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS) will be held in Orlando, Florida, USA, on October 16-19, 2017. Accordingly, the conferences associated with MASS also cover a broad set of scientific topics. Since its inception in 2004, MASS also offers a range of associated workshops, which cover special topics and applications in wireless ad hoc and sensor networks. During the last several years, up to ten workshops have been held each year in conjunction with MASS, with some of the workshops already having seen their seventh edition. Each workshop will provide an arena for presentations and discussions about a special topic of relevance to MASS.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit workshop proposals. Proposals should be submitted in a maximum 2-page PDF file, containing the following information:
- Workshop title
- Abstract (maximum 200 words)
- The topic of the workshop and how it relates to MASS
- The organizers behind the workshop, including contact information, and short bio and affiliation
- Proposed Program Committee
- Planned review procedures
- What the intended format will be (invited presentations, submitted presentations, panels, etc.)
- Expected sponsorships if any
- Profile of a typical attendee (academic researcher, student or industry participant)
- A rough estimate of the number of participants
- Information of previous edition (hosting conference, date, and number of attendees) if any
In every workshop room, a video projector will be available for presentations. Please indicate if you require further equipment, e.g. poster walls, a whiteboard or flip chart. Registration for workshops will be handled in connection with registration for the conference part of MASS. MASS 2017 reserves the right to cancel non-viable workshops.
Please send the proposal to the MASS 2017 workshop chair, Song Guo, at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "[MASS 2017] Workshop Proposal".